Friday, October 15, 2010

Pastini Pastaria

Yesterday evening, I had my usual weekly meal with a friend. I, craving carbs, decided on pasta. So off we went to Pastini. Now, this isn't our first trip there. I enjoyed their quickness and cheerful manner in the past.

HOWEVER, that evening was not the night to be there. It took almost 2 hours to complete our meal. I do not mean the time spent in catching up chatter. I mean the time it takes to get drinks, eye the meal next to you, choose your future meal, order what you hope will fill the empty feeling in your stomach, stab your salad, munch on bread, pick through your pasta trying to find room, and then pay the bill. Our salad took 30 minutes to get to our table after ordering. No, I will not blame a busy restaurant. By the time our salad arrived, the place was half empty. Another 30 minutes to get our pasta and the place was 2/3 empty. The real thing that bugs me is the fact the manager himself brought our food and not once offered an apology for how long it took. Plain bad management. Since I have been there on other nights where the food has taken very little time, I will not hold this against them for too long. Just a few months or so.

To the food! Their salads are delicious and varied. I love their new item that lets you choose 3 of their salads. It arrives on one plate with 3 little piles of your salad choice. The pasta is a cut above home cooked. Mine was a little to lightly sauced for my taste. I wish they put more protein and vegetables in there. 6 tiny pieces of chicken does not work for me. Neither does 4 or 5 very thinly sliced mushrooms. I think if I REALLY want pasta and I don't want to cook it, I will return. Maybe on a less "busy" night.

No comments:

Post a Comment